3 Common Mistakes in Writing a PPC Ad

3 Common Mistakes in Writing a PPC Ad

Did you know that writing the correct PPC ad has an effect on the overall success of your campaign? Yes, I didn’t know either. As far as I was concerned, as long as I was bidding on keywords and my ad had the right keywords, it was enough to get people to visit my site. After all, it is the first thing they’ll see when they’re making a search.

Unfortunately, these days, with Google’s algorithms constantly changing and all the local search engine optimization techniques evolving, keeping up with the latest trends is essential, especially when it comes to PPC management services, where big money may be involved.

This is why I decided to recognize my mistakes when it comes to pay per click and after much research and study of the results of my campaign, I realized that yes, how I write the PPC ad may actually have an effect on my campaign. Here are the most common mistakes I made when writing my ads:

Stuffing the ad with keywords

In the past, when keywords made a huge effect on most top SEO strategies, I thought stuffing the ad with as much relevant keywords was enough to catch the attention of customers. I realized that these keywords are much too vague and unhealthy because they say nothing about the business or what I can offer. Instead of attracting customers, they find my ad a little too SEO-optimized.

Lack of creativity and attractiveness for the customer

Because I was so focused on keywords, I didn’t realize that a creative ad was much more important than putting in a lot of relevant keywords. These ads are advertisements after all, and the more enticing an ad was, the bigger the possibility that users will see the website as an actual helpful search result, rather than a sponsored ad.

Lack of a good and intriguing headline and effective template

In order to actually attract users to look at the ad, the headline must be catchy. It’s not just about keywords anymore. This time, creativity is an important factor to catch a user’s attention. A good ad template should include an intriguing headline, a powerful benefit to convince the user to continue to read the ad and another feature that may also be attractive or supportive to the previously mentioned benefit.

Before I start using pay per click advertising, I double-check to make sure that I do not make these mistakes again. What about your ads? Are you making the same mistakes?

0 comment