The Do’s and Don’ts of Writing a PPC Ad

The Do’s and Don’ts of Writing a PPC Ad


How many times did you have to write and rewrite your pay per click ad, just because it doesn’t turn out to be a success? Well, welcome to my world! As an internet marketer myself, it took me quite a long time to get the hang of writing a pay per click ad. In fact, it took me awhile to realize that writing the ad is just as important as bidding on keywords.

You see, once upon a time, I thought that keywords were essential to proper PPC management. As long as the ad had a few keywords or more, I was done. But it turns out that if your ad isn’t attractive enough to visit, then it won’t be effective, keywords and all.

So, after successfully failing several campaigns, I finally found myself studying on how to write a successful PPC ad. Here are some of my findings:

Do write a short, powerful ad

While I love a challenge, writing a PPC ad doesn’t just require you to create a slogan of some sort. It requires you to attract a person’s interest, emotionally, in the shortest and most powerful words you can use. Now, even if I’m some sort of National Best-Selling author, I think this will still be hard for me. How was I supposed to put all of the features and benefits into one, short sentence?

When you’re writing an ad for your pay per click campaign, you need to be clear on what you want to happen. Your ads need to be creative, concise and as much as possible, straight to the point. The trick to this is to think as if you’re the customer. What words will make you want to click?

Do not overuse keywords, since it is not a necessity anymore

Yes, keywords remain an integral part of managing your pay per click ads. However, if you happen to stuff everything into that short sentence, you end up creating an ad that everyone will only consider to be spammy and unwelcoming.

Do include a reason and goal in your ad

When searching for a product or item using Google search, everyone will see your ads first. But if your ad doesn’t contain a reason for them to click it, they’ll simply scroll down to other results. Your ad needs to convey a reason for them to click and what will happen when they click.

Complicated? Yes. But if you’re able to write that one or two lines of powerful and inviting words, you can end up attracting more customers to your website.

Does your pay per click ad have all these?

0 comment